Way back in the infancy of my blogging career the first tag/award sent my way was the Liebster Award. Tagged by now, good bloggo-buddy Michael Miller, of My Comic Relief, I was still uncertain of how these awards worked. A week later I was lucky enough to be tagged again for the same award. A Nerdy Nook, a wonderful blog, was kind enough to recognize The Green Onion as an up and coming blog. At the time I felt unsure of doing the same tag again, but as time has gone by, the blog has grown exponentially, and I have thrown in on many of tags now, I decided it is time to acknowledge this over due recognition. And, what better time than The Green Onion Blogs sequel themed week. So, thank you Vick and Drea of Nerdy Nook, sorry for the late post.
- Thank the blog that nominated you and link back to them.
- Answer the questions that the blogger that nominated you wrote for you to answer.
- Nominate other bloggers that you think deserve the award.
- Write 11 questions for your own nominees.
- Let them know you’ve nominated them.
1.What is your favorite movie of all time?
With out a doubt my all time favorite film is Seven Samurai from 1954. The story line following a rag tag group of renegade samurai hired to protect a small farming town against all odds, is one of the greatest story told. So good, that it has been repeated many times in movies such as Magnificent Seven and A Bugs Life.
2. If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would it be?
I have always had a fascination with the Galapagos Islands. To travel there would be a life time dream come true, peaceful and relaxing. An opportunity to see the local giant tortoises in their wild habitat would be amazing, and the place looks absolutely beautiful.
3. What is you favorite book?
Actually, my birthday is coming up next week, and so far I have done a little series with the birthdays in my house. First allowing my children Zyler and Alex to choose their 5 favorite books and posting it on my blog for them. So, next week you can look forward to seeing my birthday post of my own 5 favorite books, and I will make everyone wait for that.
4. How long have you been writing a blog?
My blog is still young, approaching the four month mark, my first post was made on May 12 ‘016.
5. What post do you wish had more readership?
All of them? No, I am pretty happy with how much attention the blog has been getting and proud that it is growing as quickly as it is. A couple of my early posts I wish I had held off on, and contemplate reapproaching, such as my very personal review of Essex County by Jeff Lemire or my Readers Analyzing Characters post.
6. Do you have a favorite superhero or fictional character?
This weeks series on sequels brought up many of my great memories of Ripley from the Aliens franchise. The strong female lead played by Sigourney Weaver has always stood out to me. She is my hero and I love her to the point it makes my partner, Jenn, a tiny bit jealous. The truth of the matter, Jenn is a very strong, out spoken, tell you how it is, fear nothing, kind of woman, and I fell in love with her because of her close resemblance to my childhood crush and hero.
7. How did you come up with the name of your blog?
Green Onion origins? Wow. Green Onion has been my alter ego since my rookie year as a cook. Originally, I took the name because of a really cool symbol on a case of green onions that came in to the restaurant. For my entire adult life I have been known to friends and family as Green and there are some friends or old co workers who do not even know my real name.
8. Who is your favorite historical figure?
I’m gonna have to cheat a bit, I am not much of a history buff. I will go with living legend Stan Lee, who has created an entire industry, from nothing but his creativity.
9. What is your favorite restaurant? And what do you always order from there?
In 2010, I took a trip to Australia to visit my brother who had been living there temporarily. On my list of things to do I wanted to visit one of Sydney’s most renowned restaurants at the time, Pier. Cooking, being all my life was at this point, the opportunity to eat there was amazing and one of the coolest things my brother ever did for me. I had an amazing poached fish trio and a chocolate sampler for dessert. There was one piece on that chocolate plate that makes my mouth water every time I think about it, *slurp*.
10. Android or Apple?
Android, I currently rock the latest LG and I don’t think there is a better phone out there.
11. If you could have any superpower, which would you choose?
Oh shit. To be the perfect father and partner. Or, to read at super speed. If we are talking classic super hero power, I guess I always loved Iceman’s power. He really is one of the most powerful mutants out there, with stylish, dare I say coolest, abilities.
I will tag back previously mentioned bloggo-buddy My Comic Relief, tagged.
Kee The Reader is my latest follower, so traditionally that means, tagged.
I’ll just fire off a few more of my favorite bloggers here,
tagged, tagged, tagged, tagged, and tagged.
My Questions for You-
1. Blogging has been an important outlet for me, helping me with writing and expressing myself, while connecting with others who share the same interests. What brought you to start your blog?
2. If there was any tip you could share with bloggers just starting out, what would it be?
3. What are your goals for your blog, where would you like to see it in the next year?
4. What inspired you to write your blog on the topics you have chosen?
5. What is your favorite Green Onion post so far? Just kidding. What has been your favorite blog as a reader, why?
6. What has been your favorite post that you have composed so far? And why?
7. What has been your biggest challenge as a blogger thus far?
8. What have been the biggest rewards from blogging thus far?
9. Do you hold yourself to any sort of schedule for writing your blog?
10. How many times a day do you check your stats after a post?
11. If you weren’t blogging, what would you be doing with this time?
Thanks booknerds, happy blogging.