Back for a very special Sunday Mise en Place. My weekly series in which I keep everybody up to date with what is going on in the world of the Onion. With a break down of last weeks post and what to look forward to next. Big week around here, so lets get into it…
I’d like to welcome all of you to greenonionblog.com! You may have noticed the site change, we have officially purchased my new domain. This is an exciting time, and the kick off to phase 2 of this blog. A couple months ahead of my original plan, the growth of this site has gone beyond expectations. Thank you for all of the support, stick around and bare with me as the site goes through some changes over the next couple weeks. Things are about to get bigger and better.
Last Weeks Posts-
Running a week long series on the theme of sequels, this last week was a lot of fun and a great success. I was lucky enough to reference personal favorite Ripley, played by Sigourney Weaver, multiple times in a few posts, so that was awesome. Maybe I should have called it Ripley week…
- Kicking off sequels week was my review of the second book from The KingKiller Chronicles. Check out my thoughts on Wise Man’s Fear by Patrick Rothfuss.
- Tuesday, I composed a break down on the essential elements of what makes a sequel successful for us, the consumers. Have a read here.
- One of the greatest new series in comics put together by two brilliant minds took centre stage for this weeks graphic novel review. Have you read Descender 2 yet?
- For KidLit Thursday, I opted to do a review on the sequel to a children’s movie that we have all been waiting for, in Finding Dory.
- Friday featured a break down of ten of the best sequels that surpassed the original, and it’s a great read.
- Yesterday, I did my own kind of sequel in the form of my second Liebster Award.
It’s the Green Onion’s birthday week! Look forward to a very special birthday post, in the shape of a series started on my children’s birthdays. Tomorrow will be my four month mark of running this blog, another major milestone. Don’t worry, I will still do my Monday adult fiction review, though it will be on an unorthodox little novella. The comic review will be on one of my childhood favorite super heroes. KidLit Thursday will return to the ‘lit’ part as I review a book on some disgruntled art supplies. And, after a few weeks of daily consecutive posts I may take a day off for me, celebrate my birthday and work on some of the sites visuals, but with the kids in school I may be able to keep up on content. I am behind on a few tags and its also my fathers birthday this week, lets see if I can get him involved. Be sure to come celebrate with me this week.
Thanks booknerds, again, welcome to greenonionblog.com!