Welcome back to the Mise en Place, my weekly wrap up, with the culinary influence of being prepared. Before I get going I have to say, I have read some awesome posts this week, way to go bloggers. I am so happy to have found this community and get the opportunity to read so much great content. There seems to be a big push of new bloggers around, that is great to see, the more the merrier, welcome new comers! Lets have a look at what is going on for The Green Onion Blog…
What’s going on-
Thank you all for the nice birthday wishes this week, I’m grateful to have made so many blogging friends. My birthday was great, you helped me break some records for views and likes, again thank you, that’s a cool gift. I had a pretty good book haul, as all of you booknerds know, books are the best gift, and birthday money goes straight to the bookstore.
Yesterday, after 37 consecutive days of posting, I took a day off. Why? Me and the kids were playing cheerleader, my wonderful partner Jenn had her first official race. Near 14 km long and an elevation of 600m, she pushed hard and beat her personal bests, finishing before her goal. Congratulations Jenn, we are so proud of you.
Last Weeks Posts-
- Three weeks in a row of reviewing the genius work of Patrick Rothfuss was topped up with a review of the Novella, Slow Regard of Silent Things.
- My birthday post about my all time favorite books was one I looked forward to, but narrowing down to five was way harder than I anticipated.
- Before I ripped into the pages of a new Green Arrow book, I thought I should share a little history of what the hero means to me.
- This weeks children’s book review featured a modern story about disgruntled art supplies, in The Day the Crayons Quit.
- Friday was my fathers birthday, and due to a lack of content I opted not to do a traditional top five and wrote a heartfelt piece of what grandpa means in our house.
There is one more major birthday in our house and it is on its way this week, stay tuned for another top five. A book review that is connected to an upcoming movie, should get pretty peculiar. Check back in for my thoughts on the graphic novels I previewed last week. Finally, I am prepping a break down for a new character archetype series. And I will get back into catching up on some over due book tags.
Thanks booknerds, see you next time, same Onion time, same Onion channel.