Welcome back to the Mise en Place, the weekly wrap up of what is happening on greenonionblog.com. Was it just me or was that a tough week for blogging? For having 8 posts up this week I had a hard time garnering views, anyone else? I did have fun though, and there is lots of great new content up on the site, lets break that down in a minute, but first what’s going on?
What’s going on-
We had our first parent/teacher interview the other night. A new experience, with my son in grade 1 now, it is strange to be at the tiny table as the parent instead of the nervous child. Also, I am making a push to get some paid writing gigs going here, if anyone has any tips that would be great.
Last Weeks Posts-
- Another sequel took over the book review, as I broke down Hollow City by Ransom Riggs, in anticipation for the new movie of Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children.
- Green Onion guest posts on Just Dread-full, to talk about my first frights as a child. Be sure to look around the rest of Just Dread-full when you’re over there, plenty of great content.
- An early scheduled comic review looked at my distaste for the New 52 Green Arrow on Teusday.
- It was my wonderful partners birthday on Wednesday, be sure to check out her top 5 books.
- My first ARC was a great new children’s picture book, take a look at the review of Good Morning, Superman.
- Finally, I started a series I have been meaning to get to for some time. Analyzing Character Archetypes starts with a look at the recluse.
- Saturday, I got back into catching up on some tags, with the fun and original Nintendo Book Tag.
It should be a great week for reviews. First a book that is pretty dark and out of my normal genres. A comic review from one of the industries most beloved artists. And, a children’s lit review on a classic fantasy of unexpected heroes. You can also look out for a new top 10 this week as well as a peak at the upcoming movies.
Thanks booknerds, enjoy the falling leaves as autumn hits full swing.