5 Must See October Movies

​I started this series last month as a manner to keep track of all the amazing movies that are constantly coming out.  Lets be honest there are tonnes of great films on the horizon and unless you keep up to date many slip out of our thoughts until they pop up on Netflix.  October is a time for scary thrills and terrible frights, I was surprised at the lack of horrors being released this month, with only one cracking my list.  Let’s check it out…

5. The Girl on the Train (Oct. 7)

A popular psychological thriller novel from author Paula Hawkins, I have seen this book on many of my blogging friends sites.  Unfortunately, a genre I do not normally delve in to, and would sit low on my tbr pile.  Fortunately, the movie looks like a quality thriller, that should be both entertaining and creepy.

4. Inferno (Oct. 28)

Another book to movie adaptation, of yet another novel I doubt I would ever get to.   The fourth Robert Langdon novel from Dan Brown, is the third movie adaptation.  Continuing on the Harvard professors mind boggling adventures, this film is sure to have more of the same highly intelligent, suspense driven plot that made this series a success.

3. The Lennon Report (Oct. 7)

As a Beatles fan, specifically a Lennon fan, when I first heard that this drama film was on its way, I got pretty excited.  The unheard, true story of the events that took place after the legendary artist was shot, should be a great insight of one of pop cultures most shocking moments.  Gaining decent early reviews, there is much to look forward to in this biographical drama.

2. Batman: Return of the Caped Crusaders (Oct. 10)

The return of Adam West and Burt Ward, reprising their roles as the 1960’s duo of Batman and Robin.  This animated film is sure to have a nostalgic feel of one of nerdoms favorite cheesy throwbacks.  Featuring a stellar set of villains like The Joker, Riddler and Catwoman, can the caped crusaders protect Gotham one more time?

1. 31 (Oct. 21)

Rob Zombie returns to direct yet another creepy, visually disturbing, horror ride.  What looks like a return to form to the ‘House of 1000 Corpses’ or ‘Devils Rejects’ quality freak show, this is bound to be a grotesque and gory film.  Five carnival workers strive to survive a murderous game concocted by psychotic clowns.  What is not to be excited about when this film hits theatres in time for Halloween.

Thanks booknerds, don’t forget your popcorn.

1. Dean says:

Ooh the Batman one looks very interesting! I hope it will have all the throwbacks! 😀

I hope so too, I spent lots of after schools watching the retro tv show

2. Marta says:

One of my friends got me The Girl on the Train for my birthday and I liked it but I didn’t think it lived up to the expectations, because everyone was saying this was a perfect book, but I didn’t love it that much 😂 Hopefully I’ll enjoy the movie better!

If only there was a perfect book… The trailers do look good for this one though.

3. Jason says:

Definitely going to see Inferno and Girl on the Train.

They should be decent films. No love for retro Batman, Jason?

1. Jason says:

Haha….hmmm….yeah…Maybe!

4. emmakwall says:

Some great suggestions! I like the sounds of the no.1 choice for Halloween 🙂

It sounds pretty creepy good, right?

5. turkotime says:

Didn’t know Rob Zombie was making another movie. I’m interested. Also so hyped for batman

6. Really?? A creepy clown picture for the featured image?!? Sigh…I did not need this haunting image in my mind. Now I need to go read/watch something that’s not so freaky before I try to go to sleep.

I guess youre not going to watch 31?

1. NO WAY. I am NOT a clown guy. Bah! No thank you. There’s a (relatively) new Eli Roth film called ‘Clowns’ that Kalie keeps trying to get me to watch. I’ll never see that one either. First, Eli Roth is too graphic a horror director for me. Second, CLOWNS. As we were in the rental store she told me, “Listen, it won’t be as scary as you think.” That’s when I pointed to the tagline on the box that literally read, “It’s as scary as you think.” Gah! I would probably literally die of fear.

Wait you have a rental store too? Movie paradise or what?

3. It’s called Family Video. There are a few different locations in the area. Even though I have Netflix and Amazon Prime, I like to go there whenever I can to support the brick and mortar store you know? It’s great. The prices of their other movies are all amazing – $1 for a week for the oldies, $2 for a week for the newer ones. AND all the kids movies are always free to rent! Lastly, there’s a pizza place next door so you can get pizza and a movie at one stop. It’s pretty fantastic.

Here I am renting movies from inside my house like some sort of hermit. I miss the good old days of being kind enough to rewind.