A big thank you to Keith Loves Movies for nominating me for the Sunshine Blogger Award. If you have yet to check out Keith’s blog, I highly recommend giving him a follow. Great T.V. and movie reviews, plus he always keeps you up to date on the latest previews and releases. Thanks again, Keith, I am excited to answer some movie questions instead of my typical book tags.
As far as the rules go, I am sure by now we all know how these games are played. Thank, answer, nominate, and question. In that order? Maybe not, it’s your award, do what you like. But, for tradition sake I wont play around. Anyways, lets get our hands dirty…
1. Why did you start blogging?
This all started as a manner of honing in my writing skills. Which is ironic as blogging has taken over my writing and I hardly get any fiction done any more. I never thought that I would enjoy blogging this much and I don’t think I could ever stop. Although, I may have to take a hiatus for NaNoWriMo, or something of the sort.
2. What’s been your favorite film going experience?
How bad do I miss the drive-in? I think that’s how this question was meant to be phrased. There was nothing better than packing Moms mini-van with snacks and blankets, folding down the back seats and watching two, not one, but a double feature. It is such a shame that Drive-ins are all but extinct, that is an experience I would love to share with my kids.
3. When there’s a movie based on a book, do you like to read the book first?
It depends on the content, and popularity. Like The Martian, or Miss Peregrine’s, were so popular as books that it doesn’t make sense to let the movie taint that experience. But, as much as I try, I cant read every book, so you need to let some go.
4. Do you watch TV and if so, what is your favorite show?
I don’t watch much television, but, Jenn and I try to have a show on the go for those nights where you don’t want to do anything but shut your brain off. Currently we are enjoying some over due Scrubs binge-watching. Stranger Things was crazy good. The nerd in me has to say the best show on T.V. is Comic Book Men, I eat that stuff up.
5. If you had to choose an actor to play you in your life story, who would it be?
I would say Chris Pratt, but I don’t think he could match my good looks or be as funny as me… Honestly, it would probably be an awkward Seth Rogan.
6. What is your favorite movie of 2016?
Tough question, I have yet to see Magnificent Seven, which has been my most anticipated. For the most part 2016 has been kind of a disappointment for stand-out favorites. The best children’s movie I have seen in years though, Kubo and the Two Strings.
7. What is your least favorite movie of 2016?
The biggest disappointment had to be Independence Day 2. That was just terrible, I don’t even want to talk about it.
8. What do you like to do when you’re not watching movies?
Read books, or blog. Those are the obvious choices, but with two small kids my free time is limited these days, and that is about all I get time for apart from working out and what not.
9. What is your favorite movie of all time?
I’ve said it before and I will say it again. Best movie of all time: Seven Samurai. Just such an awesome storyline handled perfectly. Since I have said such before I will throw in a bonus Green Onion factoid, favorite movie series: Aliens. Love me some Ripley.
10. What is your least favorite movie of all time?
The only movie I ever walked out on, Alice in Wonderland (2010). What a rage inducing, sloppily put together, riding the coat tails of big names, wretched excuse for an homage of one of the worlds greatest stories, piece of… Sorry, that ‘movie’ makes me angry. And I forgot it had a sequel in 2016, which is my new pick for least favorite movie this year, even though I haven’t, and will never watch it.
11. Who is your favorite actor of all time?
Sigourney Weaver, Rick Moranis, Samuel L. Jackson, or childhood dream girl Alyssa Milano.
Who to nominate…?
I guess I need to ask y’all some questions…
1. What is your most anticipated movie release?
2. What is your most anticipated book release?
3. Is there a movie you liked better than the book?
4. What movie should have been a book first?
5. Best book to movie adaptation of all time?
6. Worst book to movie adaptation of all time?
7. If you could cast your favorite book for a movie, what would that look like?
8. What’s your favorite movie villain?
9. What’s your favorite book villain?
10. What book should be a movie already?
11. What book deserves it’s own television series?
Thanks booknerds, have a bright and shiny day.