NaNoWriMo ‘016 Announcement

I would like to take this opportunity to formally announce my participation in 2016’s National Novel Writing Month (NaNoWriMo).  Through the support of nanowrimo.org, and regional chapter Calgary Wrimos, I will be aiming to achieve the standard goal of 50k words within the thirty days of November.  Although, my planned project will probably require a higher count, the 50k mark would be a satisfying achievement.

As I prepare this post, I am heading out to a local NaNoWriMo prep seminar, hosted through Calgary Wrimos and the public library.  Using this, and other resources, by the time November 1st rolls around, I will have a complete mise en place (ha), and require nothing but to write.

Unfortunately, with the nature of such an extreme writing goal, there must be sacrifices.  The 15k words that I typically put towards greenonionblog.com each month, will need to be invested into my NaNoWriMo goal.

Hold up.  Donโ€™t worry yet.  Of course I do not want my precious little blog to be put on a full out, month long hiatus.  I have a few plans to combat such a lengthy disappearance.  First, I am confident that if I push hard, without procrastination, I should be able to hit my mark early.  Hopefully, anywhere from 10 to 5 days ahead of deadline.  Secondly, with just over two weeks of time before puck drop, I will do my best to prepare a few stock articles, to be released during November.  Third, I should also be able to release a couple updates on how my NaNoWriMo is going.  And, finally, a casting call to my blogging friends and supporters.

If you wish to support me on my NaNoWriMo project, I would like to invite you to guest post on greenonionblog.com.  If that is something you would like to participate in, feel free to comment, or email me @ thegreenonion84@gmail.com.  We can discuss material, or ideas and there are a few bloggers that I have an idea of what kind of content would be ideal for the Green Onion Blog.

Thanks booknerds, for your understanding and support.  Let’s write a hit!

1. Marta says:

Good luck!
    I’d love to help, but honestly I have no idea of what to write about ๐Ÿ˜‚

Oh Marta I should have known I could count on you, Im sure we can figure something out, with your awesome skills.

1. Marta says:

hahaha great! I’ll try to think about something ๐Ÿ˜›

2. Good luck – I am also taking part this year in an effort to kickstart my writing. I have never taken part before, so this will be quite a learning experience for me.

My first year as well, should be an awesome experience for certain.

I’m doing NaNoWriMo this time, too! First timer here!
    I just signed up last night. I figure I’ve been wanting to participate since last year: it’ll make sure I reach my writing goals!
    Good luck! If you can see others, mine is under my blogger name. I don’t know how the community works, but if you can see others, stop by!

I will look for you for sure! Good luck, lets knock out a couple great books.

4. Best of luck! I would offer to guest post, but I’m probably going to do NaBloPoMo, so I’ll be doing a blog post a day in November! I’m no novelist, but I always like to cheer on those who do NaNoWriMo! ๐Ÿ™‚

5. Cool- good luck with nano!

6. Mei-Mei says:

Good luck! I’m doing it again this year as well. My user name is “Meimei21” if you’re adding people

7. Jamie Wu says:

Fellow Wrimo here too! I’ll be participating this year too and am trying my best to write next month’s blog posts ahead of time. Best of luck and hope we both succeed!

Good luck, its tough to get ahead on blogging, hey?

1. Jamie Wu says:

It is! Time just seems to slip through my fingers before I know it.

8. Nancy says:

I’d be happy to contribute a post!

Oh Nancy that would be awesome.

1. Nancy says:

I might do a blog on a book that is NOT a graphic novel. I read way more than just GN’S, so I can give a shout out to another genre!

Yeah please do, I would be more than happy to post that

9. Yay! Go Green Onion!!! This is exciting. I’m with Nancy, I’m happy to help too.

Thank you, every one is so rad.

1. Jenn says:

I pledge my support by offering up two posts for November. I cannot promise the great quality of my wonderful green onion but at least I can pick his brain, when he isn’t doing nanowrimo stuff ๐Ÿ˜‰

Oh Jenn, it’s not like you dont support me enough. Thanks, hun you are the greatest.

10. Pingback: 300 followers Q&A
  11. healed1337 says:

I’m actually going to be an ML in my region for the first time this year. I’m very much looking forward to this. No joke, I’ve been planning next month’s book for 4 years now.

1. healed1337 says:

Oh, and good luck with your novel.

12. Best of luck reaching your goal. I admit I am envious of your guest post idea.. I was too busy panicking to actually stop and plan. I will check in at the end and see how you fared.