Here we are in mid-October for another Mise en Place, the Green Onion Blog weekly wrap up with preparation for what is to come in the next few days. It was an exciting week around here so lets get right into what is going on…
What’s Going On-
Earlier this week I put up my review of Prince of Thorns by Mark Lawrence, an exciting, dark fantasy. To my surprise, Mr. Lawrence read the review and enjoyed it enough to share and quote the post across his own social media. An amazing, validating experience that rewarded me with a record number of visitors. So, thank you Mr. Lawrence, I am glad I could do your book justice.
Yesterday, I announced my planned participation in this years NaNoWriMo events. Spending most the day in writing workshops, I am excited to produce a quality book and feel much more prepared. I was lucky enough to meet some great writers and I am excited to attend more of these events.
Included in the NaNoWriMo announcement I put out a call for guest bloggers, and the reception has been overwhelming. I honestly am surprised and humbled by the amount of you that are there to support me. Thank you, it is proof at how amazing of a community we have here that we are here to rally behind each other. If I have yet to get back to you, I am sure I will have an opportunity in the next couple days and I appreciate every one of you who has offered there services, luck, and support. Best of luck to my blogging companions who are facing this ridiculous writing challenge, and to Emily @ Rose Read who is attempting NaBloPoMo; that is a hefty challenge in its self.
Last Weeks Post-
- The popular review on Prince of Thorns by Mark Lawrence was released on Monday, check it out.
- Getting costumes picked out, I posted the Top 10 alternate super hero costumes, with a few silly choices.
- A comic book review featured the 2011 Ghostbusters series, released by IDW Publishing.
- Finally, I got into a review of a Dav Pilkey book, start of many reviews I am sure, check out Ricky Ricotta’s Mighty Robot.
- A return of the Analyzing Character Archetypes series, featured the seductress and her alter ego, the femme fatale.
- And, of course the announcement of my NaNoWriMo participation, which I feel much better about, knowing I got friends to watch my blogging back.
Pushing for 31 posts this month, this will be another full and entertaining week. Starting with another review of a fantasy from one of the biggest names out there today. With a break down of the archetype aside, we will have a look at some of the most popular of those characters. With Halloween approaching, it is time to take a look at a creepy little clown. Patience is tested during this weeks children’s book review. Be sure to come by this week for all of this and more.
Thanks booknerds, thanks for being the best blogging community on the inter-web.