The Little Boy or Girl Who Lost Their Name a Personalized Children’s Book

Two years ago, at our traditional Christmas eve dinner, our children were given a couple very special books.  My wonderful aunts have had a knack for finding unique gifts since I was a child.  But, that year they outdid themselves.  When Zyler and Alex each received books that were personalized with their names being the centre of the story.  Zyler having such an obscure name, this was surprising and wonderful.  Considering he will never find his name on those personalized gift shop pens and keychains.

Lost My Name is an award winning publication business started in 2013, headquartered in London, UK.  On their website http://www.lostmy.name, users are able to insert a name of their choosing and instantly have a story book written featuring each individual letter.  Gaining much of their start-up from the BBC version of Dragon’s Den, Lost My Name was founded by ‘three dads and an uncle’.  Since inception, the company has earned much reputation and awards for its innovation, is available in 10+ languages, and has earned millions globally.  Boasting a 100% independent company and self published books.

The story feature a boy or girl of your choice, with varieties in skin and hair colours, who wakes up forgetting their name.  The child sets of on a journey, in a courageous way, to find what was lost.  Through the tale, the child meets upon animals, creatures, and mythical beasts that each face a dilemma of their own.  After the child assists the new friend they are rewarded with a letter that is missing from their name.  Until the conclusion where the letters are put together to show the child their own name.

The fun part of these books is all of the individual creatures you meet along the way.  When I put Onion in for an example, I was rewarded with meeting an ostrich, a narwhale, an imp, and so on.  Zyler was lucky enough to find a yeti, and Alex kicks off her adventure by meeting an Angel.  Each story being unique to each individual name.

The artwork is whimsical, eye appealing for children of all ages.  And, the story, no matter what name involved, has a magical feel.  This is a book that does not disappoint.  A perfect gift for any child on your Christmas list.  5/5, for magic and innovation.  A special book that parents will want to keep safe for years.  My children still love flipping through the book, and screaming ‘that’s my name’ when they reach the final pages.  I highly recommend ordering a copy for those special little sprouts in your life.

Thanks booknerds, now if only I could personalize this blog for each individual visitor.

1. This is so imaginative and cute!

2. fairydancer221 says:

I did see this business on Dragon’s Den, but I had no idea that the personalization went beyond inserting the appropriate name. I like that the overall story changes.

Oh thats rad. I didnt know until I was doing research for this post. I guess it was a record breaking investment for the show at the time.

3. My little one got one her first xmas. She loves it and it has taught her how to spell her name. Great post 🙂

They are great arent they, it helped Alex too, yet she still writes her name ‘ALF’

1. Lol Maya forgets the last A in her name 🙂

4. targo76 says:

We got both of the kiddos copies last Christmas. I love the art and when you build them online you get to pick from 2 critters per letter (for most letters). So me being me picked all the fantasy creatures I could.

Thats awesome, I want to make one for my nephew but Im not sure if my aunts are going to do it for him this year. Ill have to wait for his birthday

1. targo76 says:

You’ll have a blast. It’s really neat. And I know what you mean about names. We cursed our kids with unique names. No keychains for them.

I really enjoyed playing around with it this morning, it’s such a fun thing to do. And, oh the tortures of being unique. My name isnt even that uncommon just spelled a little off and I would spin those keychains at the gift shop every time in search of that glorious piece

5. Donna says:

This sounds like the perfect gift for a kid and a great way to have them interested in books. I noticed that my cousins don’t really care for them and it saddens me. This might help save them from the empire of computers and ipads and bring them to the realm of stories on paper.

Nothing like having your own name in a book. Its pretty reasonably priced too