Happy Sunday, and welcome back to the Mise en Place. The weekly wrap up post for the Green Onion Blog. It has been great getting back into regular postings after the craziness of the holidays. Speaking of which, why don’t we talk about what’s going on, so…
What’s Going On-
We literally just wrapped up our holiday celebrations yesterday with one more family visit. There are so many traditions on the itinerary when you grow up and become a part of your significant others family. But, it’s over for another year, we survived. Now it is time to reorganize the house and kids room to adapt to another haul of toys.
Zyler received one of those Nintendo mini NES’s with preloaded games on it for Christmas. Naturally, Jenn and I have been enjoying the nostalgia. Mega Man 2 threw me back to being my sons age, and surprisingly Galaga is Jenn’s forte. Starting a campaign on Final Fantasy, I have made it farther than I ever could as a child. This makes me happy. Also, Punch Out is such a fun game no matter how young or old you are.
This week will mark the 200th post on the Green Onion Blog. That feels crazy, how fast things fly and how far things have come. I am hoping to do something special for the milestone. It shouldn’t be till Friday, or Saturday, so, I have time to figure something out. For now let’s have a look at last weeks posts…
Last Weeks Posts-
- Last Monday marked the date of the first ever Green Onion Awards, be sure to check out my favourites of the year.
- January in Pop Culture History was surprisingly filled with some really rad stuff.
- I finally got around to posting a review planned weeks ago, worth the wait read Batman and Son by Grant Morrison.
- My own Christmas miracle involved a mid-grade read from a galaxy far, far away. Check out Jedi Academy by Jeffrey Brown.
- With the new year under way, on Friday we looked ahead to the year 2020 and all the wondeful things to look forward to. Fun post, worth a read.
A 1970 award winning Science Fiction novel has been long overdue for a review, I will remedy that tomorrow. Yesterday, marked the birthday of my nephew and niece, I will honour that with a special top 10 on Tuesday. I had a Twitter poll on which graphic novel I should review this week, check in on Wednesday to see what 1 person voted for. A children’s book sequel involving some colourful characters will go up on Thursday. And, again, look forward to the 200th post this week. All this and more, so check in and I will see you around.
Thanks booknerds, time for some cleaning and organizing.