Well, I would like to kick this post off by recognizing it as number 200! I have passed the blogging equivalent of Go, and collected my right for another 200. It seems absolutely nut-bar that my little bloggy-woggy has come so far already. But, here we are, thank you to all of the fans and supporters that keep coming back for more of my nerdings. What better way to celebrate than a good ol’ tag! It has been a long time since my last tag, too long. All the more fitting and I’m excited to share some insight to the man behind the chef hat.
I have been nominated for the Mystery Blogger Award! Actually, I received two nominations. A big grateful thank you is due to two bloggers that I have a lot of respect for My Comic Relief and Jedi by Knight. Both great nerdy sites full of great articles that are worth spending some time on. So please, when your finished here, pay them a visit. Further recognition goes out to the creator of this award, Okoto Enigma, whom I know little about however, out of resbect I intend to head there soon. Now, lets have a quick look at the ordinance of the Mystery Blogger Award and get it going, shall we…
1) Display the award logo on your blog.
2) Thank the blogger who nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
3) Mention the creator of the award and provide a link.
4) Tell your readers 3 things about yourself.
5) Answer 5 questions from the nominee.
6) Nominate 10 – 20 bloggers.
7) Notify your nominees by leaving a comment on their blog.
8) Ask your nominees 5 questions of your choice, including 1 weird or funny question.
9) Share the link to your best post.
3 Things About Me:
Well, fluff, I don’t know. This part of awards always make me feel a little put on-the-spot. Allow me to think of the most random chestnuts I can… I am moderately lactose intolerant, for the most part I ignore it, but I cant go slamming a glass of milk, that’s for sure. Also, ovo-intolerant, eggs do try their best to hurt me deeply, and again I choose to ignore it most the time.
Umm, number two… I am an old granny when it comes to driving. Being in a few crashes as a kid put the fear in me, and I like to give a motor vehicle the respect it needs. For the most part it is better safe than sorry, especially with kids in the car, but sometimes I am too cautious for my own good.
Finally… uhm… oh, I have a strange asphyxiation with electro-swing music. Most people my age are listening to classic rock icons and the grunge music we grew up with, which I also love. But, I cannot help but put on some mixed up jazz and move to it. I love the retro 1920-30’s sound amalgamated with modern turntablism, the feel cannot be beat.
Questions from My Comic Relief:
1) If you were a superhero in real life, would you let anyone in on your secret? If so, who? Why?
First off, I cant hide anything from my partner. Jenn is way too smart, she would probably know before I did. Other than that, if comic books have taught us anything it is to look up (thanks Spidey). But also, everyone needs a support system. Where would Batman be without Alfred and his Bat-family? Where would Superman be without Lois and Jimmy Olsen? No super hero can do it alone and when they try things go horribly wrong.
2) Where would you go if you had a two week, all expense-paid vacation to anywhere in the world?
I would be off to the Galapagos! One of the most beautiful places on the planet, with diverse, cannot be found any where else wildlife. Sounds like the adventure of a life time.
3) Regardless of whether or not you actively enjoy doing karaoke, what is/would be your go-to karaoke jam?
I do not actively enjoy karaoke in the slightest. However, I would pick Benny and the Jets by Sir Elton John. Mostly because that song actually sounds pretty good when sung badly.
4) Who would play you in the movie of your life?
I am gonna go ahead and cast a childhood Green Onion. Gaten Matarazzo perfectly encapsulates the awkwardness of my youth. Straighten out his hair a bit (not too much), and throw some glasses on him, and that was me.
…and the weird/fun one…
5) If you had to have a talking animal sidekick for the rest of your life, what would it be? Why?
What am I a Disney Princess now? A walking talking onion probably. But, if I had to pick an animal, any animal? A friggin’ Komodo Dragon! No, our personalities would totally clash. Maybe I will call Whoopi Goldberg and see if Theodore Rex is available.
Questions from Jedi by Knight:
1) What’s the most recent game you’ve played? Could be a board game, video game, etc.
I am deep in a campaign of Final Fantasy, the original, and loving it. That game was too tough when I was a kid. I love board games, it is usually the go-to when I hang out with my friends. We have a new board game café in my community which is a great time. The last game I played was with Jenn’s family at Christmas called Quelf. Which makes you do absurdly, ridiculous things involving a lot of singing and dancing.
2) What’s your favorite Star Wars movie and why? (If you say one of the prequels, I reserve the right to unfollow you ~_^ KIDDING)
Caravan of Courage all the way! No. I cannot say that with a straight face. My heart belongs to A New Hope. It is the epitome of the heroes journey, and a perfectly simple complex story. Don’t get me wrong though, I do love Caravan of Courage, the best bad movie out there!
3) Do you have any goals for reading this year?
I did not want to set any goals on the amount I read this year. I just want to enjoy reading without the stress of cramming it all in. I do have an idea of what I want to hit on my tbr pile though.
4) If you had a superpower, what would it be?
Oh god, don’t ask any hard questions. I always appreciated Ice Man’s abilities. They are stylish and slick while at the same time, mighty powerful. One of the most underrated players in the Marvel Universe.
5) I’ll give you a choice for the fun/weird one:
a.What animal would your Patronus be? or
b.What animal would your daemon settle as?
Again, I would expect it to be a walking/talking onion. But in all honesty it would probably be some sort of fox. Not a fierce, angry fox. But, a cunning, lazy little fox that does what ever he feels like with his day. I’m also a big poppa bear, which may make me more of a penguin.
Link Your Best Post:
I kind of did this as a year-end wrap-up, so I will just send you there, if you are interested: Top 5 Posts of 2016.
Oh, so many people need a tagging, of course, do not feel obliged to do this. Let’s go…
1) If you were suddenly sucked into a cartoon world and forced to live the life therein. Where would you like to go, and why?
2) You have to eat the same breakfast for the rest of your life. What do you choose?
3) You are a wanted fugitive and on the hit list of every imaginable super hero. You can choose one fictional character to protect you. Who do you choose, and why?
4) You have to win a game against a demon to save your soul. What game would you play him?
5) You need to feed and board a Muppet for the rest of your life. Which Muppet are you bringing into your home? Remember they have a tendency to break out into song a lot.
Thanks booknerds, that is a wrap on post #200.