5 Must See March ‘017 Movies

I love writing this series.  Mostly because I can get myself hyped up for all the great movies coming out.  I started this series back in September last year and it feels like every month there is more and more amazing movies.  I don’t know about you but I don’t remember there being this many great films as a kid.  March is a big roll off into the season.  Last year two of the years biggest films were released in, Batman v. Superman, and Zootopia.  Suddenly, it’s not just spring we have to look forward to, but movie season.  Let’s get into the 5 must see movies this March, which is actually 6 because this month looks that good!

6. Power Rangers

I am surprised with a couple things about this movie so far.  First, I can’t believe it took them this long to cash in on this money train.  It would have made much more sense to make this film in the 90’s during the height of Power Rangers popularity.  Second, the preview actually makes this movie look decent.  We have been fooled by previews before, they’re getting better at previews than movies sometimes.  Like a few years ago when I originally thought they released a Power Rangers movie called, Pacific Rim.  This can’t be a good movie for real, can it?  Can it!?!

5. Kong: Skull Island

Oh, the movie magic of King Kong.  A rich history like this masterpiece deserves revisits.  Will they be able to catch our imaginations in the modern era of big, bigger, and biggest?  An all star cast featuring Tom Hiddleston, John Goodman, Brie Larson, and John C. Reilly, is a pretty good indication that they wanted to do this film proper.

4. Boss Baby

I mentioned earlier that last year March saw the release of Zootopia.  Well, March has quite the history of successful children’s films.  Out of the top 25 box office money makers in March history, 13 of them have been aimed at younger audiences.  3 of the top 5!  So, with Alec Baldwin being the rage of comedy for his recent stints on SNL, it’s hard to see this movie failing, whether it is good or not.

3. Ghost in the Shell

Yeah, I have not been sure about this movie since they announced it.  The 1995 anime was one of the biggest things when I was in middle school.  When they cast Scarlet Johansson as Motoko I rolled my eyes with everyone else, as much as I love the actress.  I just recently saw the preview for Ghost in the Shell and suddenly I am very excited.  It looks artistic, and unique, as long as they can keep to the quality storyline, they may actually pull this one off.

2. Beauty and the Beast

These live-action remakes have been pretty successful for Disney thus far.  And with some of the recent announcements on future projects, it looks to be a successful project for a while.  There is an amazing story to be told here, plus Belle is one of the greatest booknerds in fiction.  If Jungle Book was any indication, Beauty and the Beast will bring back the Disney magic we felt as kids.

1. Logan

By now we have all learned to keep our expectations down with the X-Men movie franchise.  Even Deadpool failed to woo me the way it did for plenty others.  But, with 71 reviews in, Logan currently sits at an impressive 96% on Rotten Tomatoes.  Being praised for its storyline and earning its R rating.  All signs are pointing to this being the Wolverine movie we’ve been waiting for.  Plus, look at that poster, that is a thing of beauty.

Thanks booknerds, and filmgeeks.

All this month , Only thought in my mind has been “Don’t ruin , ghost in the shell . Don’t ruin Motoko . Don’t ruin Ghost in the shell” .

Also Logan better be good , Hugh Jackman deserves a proper send off , X-men is the reason Comic book movies are back in popular demand and he is the chief reason for it

Yeah they are walking a fine line with Ghost in the Shell. I love the preview though

2. Christy Luis says:

This is a cool series. I’m terrible at tracking movie previews and I miss premieres all the time, haha. I’m pretty stoked about Kong and Beauty & the Beast, but I hadn’t even heard about the Power Rangers! I loved one of the many shows when I was a kid…*crosses fingers* Thanks for the lineup!

Thanks. Of only all the months looked as good as this one

I’m beyond excited for Beauty and the Beast. I’m really intrigued by the Power Rangers movie. Kong looks really good; can’t wait to see that one. My husband is curious about Logan, so I may tag along for that one.

So much to see this month. That Power Rangers movie though, just cant be sure til the reviews start rolling in

4. I am really excited about both Boss Baby and Beauty & the Beast. And, I’ve heard really great things about Logan. I have to admit that the trailer made me tear up just a bit.

Looking forward to seeing future installments of this series!

So many good movies this month! Im pretty sure my kids will make sure I dont miss Boss Baby

5. OMG King: Skull Island looks flipping amazing! I saw the preview when we went to see A Cure for Wellness. So excited! And Logan and Beauty and the Beast! Yes please 😉

They all look so good right? It should be a good month. I mean they cant all be busts

1. Oooohhh don’t say that aloud haha..

6. Took them long enough to make a Power Rangers movie but I personally think it looks hella corny. Let’s see though, I’ll wait till the movie comes out on tv or something.
    Kong: Skull Island, Beauty and the Beast, and Logan!!!!! I CANNOT FLIPPING WAIT FOR THESE!!!!

There is a good chance Power Rangers is gonna be terribly corny. But yeah there is enough good movies coming that it wont hurt too bad.

7. Donna says:

Boss Baby is on my list, the trailer was so weirdly fun

It looks pretty funny right? Alec Baldwin has definitely earned my respect lately

8. Keith says:

I sooooo want Skull Island to be good. It looks like good crazy fun from the trailers and (as you mentioned) the cast looks fantastic. I hope they get it right.

Right!? They have all the pieces I just hope they executed

9. Awesome post!! I’m desperate to see Logan!! And yes that poster is a thing of beauty!!

The reviews just keep pouring in positive too

1. Yes- I’ve heard nothing but good things 🙂

10. Yassssssssss! To all these movies!! I’m really excited about Beauty and the Beast and Logan!

11. kristianw84 says:

I am stoked to see Logan, Beauty & the Beast, & Ghost in the Shell. I finally got caught up with the Marvel movies a couple weekends ago. I loved Doctor Strange. Anyway, I can’t wait for Guardians of the Galaxy II & Thor: Ragnarok!!!

Oh yea! Its gonna be a great year. And Spider-Man: Homecoming!

12. tgbom says:

Great post!!!
    I have just started a movie blog of my own, please follow or comment 🙂

I will, thanks for coming by

13. There are so many great films coming out this year.

14. tgbom says:

Great post, I completely agree with you, these movies are definately the ones everyone needs to watch this year! I have just created a movie journal if you would like to see opinions about the newest movies at the cinema! Feel free to comment with a movie you would like me to watch! (and follow 🙂 )

15. numb3r5s says:

I saw Power Rangers the other day, and since then I can’t stop thinking about it. Possibly the most enjoyable film I have seen this year so far.

Sort of put off from watching Ghost in the Shell. I saw the animated film for the first time in January, and I just did not understand it, i was completely lost.

16. JoBradley says:

I thought Beauty and The Beast was ok, but it was so similar to the original I thought it didn’t really justify its existence. It would much prefer Disney was more like Pixar, focusing on producing new content instead of remaking old movies to make more money.
    I’ve written an article about the
    Evolution of the Disney Princess, which you can read here https://scribblesofstageandscreen.com/2017/01/14/the-evolution-of-the-disney-princess/