Sunshine Blogger Award #2

Running a little late on this, back on February 12, I was nominated by the wonderful Lindsay Acland for the Sunshine Blogger Award.  Thank you Lindsay, I love your blog, and I appreciate all the support you show me.  I will do my best to answer some of your tough questions, and sorry for the belated response.

First off, lets take a quick review of the guidelines for this bright award:

1. Thank the person(s) who nominated you in a blog post and link back to their blog.
  2. Answer the 11 questions sent by the person who nominated you
  3. Nominate 11 new blogs to receive the award and write them 11 new questions
  4. List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo on your post and/or on your blog.

And on to the Q and A:

1. Favourite hero of fiction?

Only the hardest question in the world, no big deal.  Ummmm… uhhhh… Yeah, I just don’t know.  Picking a favourite is too difficult.  I’ve never had that one character that I am devoted to.  Batman’s up there, Obi-Wan, Kalidan from the Stormlight Archives, Alice,… too hard.  I can’t do this.  Pass.

2. Early bird or night owl?

I have become a bit of both.  What I mean is, I was always more of a night owl, but being forced to wake up early each morning has turned me (having kids will do that).  Also, I find I do my best writing in the morning, so I have been much more eager and motivated to get up and get the day going.

3. La La Land – overrated, yes or no?

Honestly, I haven’t seen it.  I like all the hype it gets and it seems intriguing.  But Jenn absolutely hates musicals, so if my partner isn’t gonna force me to watch it, I doubt I ever will.

4. Top travel tip?

When renting a car, do not pay the daily fees for the child seats.  Last Christmas we rented a car during our trip to BC.  We booked the necessary safety seats for our two children assuming they would be complimentary.  When we arrived however, I read that they were going to charge us $11 CAN a day per seat.  Over a 7 day trip, for two seats that equals the ridiculous cost of $154 CAN before tax!  Forget that!  If we knew ahead of time, most airlines let you bring your child equipment (strollers, car seats, etc.) free of charge.  Any ways, I whipped over to Canadian Tire (a Canadian staple auto parts, sporting goods, and renovations store.  But Walmart would be just as well.) and was able to find the necessary car seats for the low price of $12 CAN, each, saving us well over a hundred dollars.  So, I don’t know what kind of scheme they are trying to pull off, but be aware of what you’re being charged for.

5. Are there any words or phrases you overuse?

Sad.  Tremendous.  Bigly.  Fake news… wait that’s not me.  No, I’m certain there is plenty.  Sometimes when I’m writing I find I tend to use a word a lot in a day.  It’s pretty normal.  You ever find that when there is an uncommon word used in a book, that you probably have to look up, you’ll find the author uses the same word a few more times in the book.  It’s a weird phenomenon I’ve heard a couple writers mention.

6. What is your idea of the perfect day?

It would involve a lot of great food.  Probably a trip to the beach or the mountains with my family.  Get a babysitter for the night and have some more great food with my favourite person over 4ft tall, Jenn.  And, meet up with some friends to play some games and be merry.  Or you know, win the lottery…

7. Are there any movie/book genres you don’t watch/read?

Romance, erotica, stuff like that.  Other than that I am pretty open, I like a good story.  I don’t read nearly enough non-fiction, there is just too many things to read.

8. You can only have movies or books. You would choose…

Books, for certain.  It would suck living without movies but I could not imagine life without a good book at the end of the day.  Those unforgettable books that become life for a few days, or comic books.  Life just would not be the same.

9. Any one thing that always motivates you to blog?

Progression.  I like writing everyday, I like pushing for more.  The more I do the better, tighter, more enjoyable my writing gets.  So my motivation for today, is to be better tomorrow.

10. Fast reader or slow?

Unfortunately, slow.  I wish I could pound books out like some of our other peers, it’s just not in the cards.  I’m not terrible, more average.  But who doesn’t want to be able to read more books.

11. Is there a creative talent you wish you had?

I wish I could draw better, faster, and more confidently.  I’m just not that good, I overthink it, and take forever to, if ever, finish a project.  It’s a natural skill that some people have and most don’t.  But, if I had it you better believe I would be making something happen with it.

As for my nominations I would like to tag:

The Astonishing Zezee with Books

The Ultimate Graphic Novelty²

The Mighty Books, Vertigo, and Tea

The Incredible Book Mermaid

The Uncanny Reads and Reels

The Sensational Hot Shot Headlines

All Star Rakioddbooks

The Invincible Rash the Doctor

The Superior Christy Luis

The Amazing My Comic Relief

The Extraordinary Brunette Bookworm Blog

And, of course, my questions:

1. Can you describe your ideal man-cave/woman-cave/library, and what kind of things we would find in there?

2. What was one of your most prized toys/possessions when you were a child?

3. What book/comic book movie adaptation do you wish they would make that has not been done yet?

4. You won a $500 gift card to the bookstore, what do you buy first?

5. If you had to cosplay any character, and had access to whatever you needed, who are you going as?

6. You can have any robot-pet, what kind of robo-pet do you get?

7. What was the worst mark you ever got in school?

8. What would be the absolute worst villain/monster after you?

9. If you were going colour blind, and get to choose which colour you lose, what colour will you never see again?

10. If you could own any fictional vehicle, what are you driving?

11. You get one protein, one fruit/vegetable, and one dairy product, for the rest of your life, what are your choices?

Thanks booknerds, have a sun shiny day!

1. Sorry about that first question – I feel really bad, it’s too difficult! Silly me.

Hardest question I have ever been asked in my life

2. + thanks for responding though! Bigly 🙂

Thank you for nominating me!!! It’s been a while since I’ve done a tag/award.
    Tough questions though, tough questions!

4. Thank you good sir! I’m still at the tale end of my grading binge so it will be a little while until I do this post BUT seeing this was a lovely little intermission in the grading extravaganza. It’s much appreciated!

I just couldnt call anyone else The Amazing- wouldnt have been right.

1. Aww, and I think that’s thwipping perfect :).

No preasure to sling out a reply to this post. In can be a pretty sticky web when you got other things to do.

3. My Punny Wordplay Sense is tingling!!

5. Christy Luis says:

Those questions are amazing. Thank you so much! Do you like to write outside of writing blog, too?

I love writing everything, Ive been on a terror lately!

1. Christy Luis says:

That’s awesome, haha. Glad to hear you’re enjoying it 🙂

6. Congratulations! 🙂 I laughed at the overused words question hahaha
    And I haven’t watched La La Land, either. I wasn’t interested at first but ever since everyone started either loving it or hating it recently, I feel the need to at least try to watch it!
    Great post ^^

I already had the ending of La La Land spoiled for me, I think I can safetly pass. But, its gained popularity for a reason, it has to be worth a watch

1. Well sometimes people just follow the hype for the hype’s sake, not necessarily because they absolutely love something. They already go in pretty biased so the resulting experience is tenfold.
        I’ll try to watch it soon before I get spoiled, though!

Lol yo! Great way to play around with the nominations list. And thank you for nominating me. I really like your answer to #9: “So my motivation for today, is to be better tomorrow.”
    And couple days ago, I was thinking about words I tend to overuse. “Seems” is one. I think I use that a lot to avoid making definite statements since I believe there are exceptions to everything.

Haha, ya ‘seems’ is a good safe word sometimes. There is plenty of words I overuse for sure

8. Nancy says:

Thank you for the ultimate nomination! As for words I overuse- the teens at the library I work at tease me that I overuse the word extravaganza. When I organize an event I call it the Harry Potter Extravaganza, Star Wars Extravaganza, Murder Mystery Extravaganza…

At least they know whatever you do it’ll be extravagant!

Thank you so much for the nomination! Look for my post a little later this week!

Of course! Looking forward to it

10. I giggled slightly that you received an apology for that very hard first question! How fun 😉 I think I may have done this, but who cares!? Not I. I love that you referred to me as “mighty” as I feel anything but 😉 I also love the questions, so I am saving this one to participate in! Thank you.

Yeah, Ive done this one before too, but a fun tag is a fun tag! Cant wait to see your answers!

11. Thank you for nominating me! I can’t wait to answer your questions.

And, thank you for the laughs on #5! 🙂

12. Marta says:

I haven’t watched La La Land either, but I actually like musicals, so I’ll end up watching it anyway, just to check what the hype is all about! And I’m both an early bird and a night owl too – I like to get up early to enjoy my day, but I always stay up until pretty late finishing some work for school :/
    Do you write every day, by the way?
    Your questions are amazing, so thank you for tagging me 😀

My pleasure nominating you, glad you like the questions! I do write most everyday, Ive been on a terror lately. Nice to see somebody gets the early bird/night owl thing