April in Pop Culture History

1994 – Kurt Cobain Died

1997 – Tiger Woods became the youngest golfer to win the Masters

2009 – Premiere of Parks and Recreation

2011 – Premiere of A Game of Thrones

1. I look forward to to this feature every month! ☺

2. For Tyeth says:

Hi Dave, great facts for April. Another little fact, if you look at Homer Simpson’s head you can see Matt Groening’s initials formed by the zig-zag line of his hair (the letter M) and the curls inside his ear form the letter G.

Not sure who Dave is, but thanks. It’s pretty awesome all the things they hide in the Simpsons for sure

1. For Tyeth says:

D’OH, Sorry Green Onion! I got another blogger mixed up with your identity (I was tired when I commented). I like all the predictions the Simpson writers inadvertently made. Anyway thanks for understanding.

I totally understand, I’d be surprised if I hadnt done it myself at some point

3. This was fun – loved it. I’ve always loved the cover of the Great Gatsby. And how about those old-school Simpsons? They were so weird looking when the cartoon originated.

Yeah, that Gatsby cover os pretty iconic, I love it too. And the Simpsons are definitely wierd looking, it’s crazy how much they adapted over time

The Great Gatsby is one of my all-time favorite books! We’ve been watching Parks & Rec and I love it. We’re in the middle of season six, and I’m sad that we’re getting toward the end.

We just went through all of Parks and Rec last year. It was so good. The ending is wierd but that cast is amazing!

5. Donna says:

I could have done without The Great Gatsby.. I still have nightmares about the time they forced us to read it during my first year in uni!

That is probably enough to ruin any book, haha.