I have been nominated by the wonderful blog, The Comic Vault, for a Liebster Award. Thank you very much, I didn’t know you cared. But, I am grateful and proud to accept your nomination. Big fan of your site and your extensive comic knowledge. If anyone doesn’t follow The Comic Vault, well, it’s your loss…
As for the award itself, here is a recap of the criterion:
- Say thank you to the person who has nominated you for the Award.
- Answer the 11 questions the person has asked you
- Nominate 11 people
- Ask the people who you have nominated 11 questions
Now I will jump right into the questions asked of me:
1. If you could time travel, where in time would you go?
Well that is quite the question. I honestly believe we live in the most amazing time. Technology, medicine, travel, all making huge strides right before our eyes. It is amazing to think of how far things have come in a few decades. But, the opportunity to time travel is not one to ignore. I guess I like the idea of the swinging 20’s. The muic, the style, the life style, it seems like a cool time to live. Until, you know, The Great Depression. That sounds… depressing.
2. Which is your favourite season: Spring, Summer, Fall, or Winter?
Fall. I dig autumn because it’s not too hot, not too cold, and it can be gorgeous. Mostly I love harvest. Fall has all of the best food. As a chef I look forward to the flavours every year. I am even a sucker for pumpkin spice, there I said it.
3. Do you have a favourite book genre?
It is forever a debate between fantasy and sci-fi. Every time I think nothing can beat fantasy I read an amazing sci-fi book. When I think sci-fi is tops, I get sucked back into fantasy. Right now, it is fantasy, but I am about to dive into Waking Gods by Sylvain Neuvel, so…
4. What is your favourite TV show (past or present)?
Oooh, tough one. I haven’t watched a lot of television shows. I have watched more in recent years, Jenn likes getting into a show. Last year there was a couple amazing shows. I think I would say it’s either Stranger Things or Westworld.
5. How often do you post your blog?
I used to try to get a post up everyday if I could. Recently I decided to chill out on that and work on other writing projects. So about 4 times a week now. Which is a good balance, I can blog without much stress and I am getting other things moving.
6. Do you watch cartoons?
I sure do! I have never stopped watching cartoons, especially in the super hero genre. But, since my kids have taken over Saturday mornings, it has kind of sucked all the fun out of it. And now when there is a cartoon I want to watch, it’s like ‘blah!’ I have seen too many cartoons this week.
7. What was the last movie you watched?
I watched Goon last night. With the playoffs kicking off, and my partner out of town, it was the perfect time to watch this cult hockey film. I love it, that was probably my third time watching it and it was just as funny as the first time. I am not too sure about this sequel coming out though, it would have been a great stand alone, but I’ll give it a try.
8. Name an item on your bucket list.
Dirt, mop water, Ice cream, Lego, other buckets… I put all sorts of things in buckets. I also really like containers, boxes, and the odd crate. Buckets are great though, I like when they have the spout edge for easy pouring. There is also something to be said for sealable lids, I love a good seal.
9. Share a quote about life, love or writing and who said it (or if it’s your own).
“I pack up my belongings and I head to the coast. It might not be a lot, but I feel like I’m making the most.” – Isaac Brock
This quote defined much of my early adult years. Doing those things that make you happy, and living life the way you want to. Without concerning yourself with how it looks to anyone else.
10. Do you have a pet?
I call them children.
All joking aside, no we don’t have a pet right now. Which is strange because I have had a whole bunch of different pets over the years like, birds, lizards, turtles, cats, and guinea pigs. Right now we don’t have the space and our little Alex is still learning gentle hands.
11. What do you like to do to relax?
Read. Nothing shuts the world off like reading and getting sucked into somewhere fantastic. I also like driving. If it’s a hard day with the kids, packing them in the car for a mini road trip can solve all the problems. Or if I get in an argument or somethings stressing me out, usually going for a drive can calm me down- clear my head.
Okay, let’s take a minute to nominate some friends:
The phenomenal Bookstooge
The fantastic LairofBooks
The outrageous Bookworm Ink
The remarkable Big City Bookworm
The wonderful allonsythornraxx
The exceptional Jer’s Comic Books
The marvelous Curiouser and curiouser
The awesome Mistybookspace
The extravogant Whimsy Pages
The incredible Tattooed Book Geek
The excellent rakioddbooks
And now, for the fun part. I get to ask some questions:
1. If you could go on vacation to any fictional planet, where are you headed?
2. You’re having lunch with your favourite celebrity, and your most hated celebrity. Who’s coming, and where are you taking them?
3. What food are you most terrified to try?
4. What animal are you most terrified of?
5. You have to eat the food from question #3, or get cozy with the animal from question #4. What do you do?
6. Santa is real! And you’re on his good list! Top 5 things on your Christmas list?
7. The Easter Bunny is real! And he wants to come into your house in the middle of the night and hide eggs all over your house. Do you lock the doors before you go to bed?
8. You got a luncheon with Trump. Congratulations, sounds super fun. He will listen to your feelings on one issue. What are you chatting about?
9. You get to decide what goes on Trump’s sandwich, and he has to eat it. Build the sandwich (you can’t poison the president, it has to be edible).
10. You’ve been selected to build your own theme park. What’s the theme?
11. Would you play Jumanji?
Thanks booknerds, have a great Easter morning!