My Most Elusive 80’s Toys

A big thanks to My Side of the Laundry Room for hosting me on his site today for a guest post. It was great to have the opportunity to reminisce about some of the 80’s toys I never had a chance to own.

My Side Of The Laundry Room

By:  Green Onion of The Green Onion Blog

I started writing this post for my own blog and as the list was compiled, and the plan was set, I realized there is a much better home for such a post. Rob @ My Side of the Laundry Room has a way of taking me back to the days of my youth.  His struggle of holding on to

View original post 1,361 more words

Advertisements

I know I always wanted a Power Wheels and never got one…but my niece got one and I was honestly JEALOUS! 😂😳

1. Rob Wantz says:

Here, here. I always wanted one too, but never got. We got the kids one (hey we’re not Rockefellers) and I made sure to research and get the best one. A single tear rolls down my cheek every time I see them zoom around the back yard in it, and try to run me over.

Hahahahahahaha! I’d feel the same way if I had kidlings.
        A single tear…you sound like me! 🤣😂

I always feel a tinge of jealousy when I see punk kids driving around in a Power Wheels. I did eventually find a big boy version that I can take all over, I call it: car.

Yeah yeah car is cool.
        But man, Barbie had a pimp ride.

2. Rob Wantz says:

Thank you Green Onion for sharing this post with me at My Side of the Laundry Room. It is truly spectacular and I draw some glee (sorry) outta knowing that I’m not alone in this bitter/toyless world.

You’re definitely not alone, Santa ignored plenty of wish lists.

1. Rob Wantz says:

….that fat bastard….

Sometimes I wonder if he even cared at all…

3. Great post! My cousin had a power wheels jeep! I was so jealous! I desperately wanted Mouse Trap too but my mother swore I would lose the pieces and they would just end up impaled in her foot. They probably would have lol.

For certain it would have. And the worst part was once you lost just one piece the whole game was garbage.

1. It’s true. I really miss my Sheira dolls and Crystal Palace the most though. I wish my parents had kept my things. Some of it is probably worth a lot now. I say this and yet I regularly donate my kid’s unused toys lol.