#365

Hello, friends, family, and followers!

This is a special milestone post on the Green Onion Blog. It is post #365!

Meaning, if you read one of my posts daily, you can fill up a year! There is worse ways to spend 5 to 10 minutes a day. Like learning how to speak Icelandic. When would that ever come in handy? Or, eating beets, I like beets but after a year of beets… that’s too many beets. Or, doing something really strange, like celebrating Thanksgiving in November.

Anyways, I just wanted to take this opportunity to thank you. When I started blogging I had no idea what the heck I was doing. I have met so many great people, learned so much, and have had too much fun. Thank you to everyone that has been part of the journey.

What started as some fun talk about books and comics has grown. I have shared opinions (whether popular or not), involved my family, written on strange topics, listed my favourite… everything, documented pop culture history, shared personal stories, done some exclusive Fraggle Rock journalism, kept everyone up-to-date on films, shared my fears and dreams, involved all of you in my live adventures, shared my life in a weekly column, started a podcast, started a career, written so much, learned new things, laughed, joked, and have had a lot of fun. I am so happy to be involved in the amazing blogger community that has no borders. I am so grateful people actually enjoy reading my ramblings on everything from fashion to fictional babies. It has been quite a journey, and I cannot wait to see what another 365 posts will bring.

Now, I am not naïve to my flaws as a blogger, and I want to make it up to you. I’m talking about my half-ass, or sometimes non-existent commenting. I am so terrible at it. I appreciate when you guys take time out of your day to make a thoughtful comment on one of my posts. I read them, I enjoy them, and then I… I guess, I go blank. It boils down to me just being awful at commenting. I suck at it.

So, this is our opportunity to fill those gaps. If you have any comments, complaints, questions, or just want to talk about nothing, than comment on this post. And, I will be certain to answer every comment made here. Then, I can go back to sucking for another years worth of posts. Hit me up!

Until then I am going to start my Stranger Things 2 binging!

Thanks, booknerds, sorry for calling you booknerds hundreds of times.

Advertisements

1. For Tyeth says:

Hello (Team) Green Onions! Congrats on reaching this milestone. And thanks to you I can look forward to learning about all the obscure international holidays and days of celebration! (Who knew there was an National Onion Rings Day?) Thank you and here’s to the next 365 posts!

Thank you! I’m still looking to try and find an International Green Onion day. But for now I will celebrate Black Cat Appreciation Day. Oh, happy Black Cat Appreciation Day.

1. For Tyeth says:

And may you have a good Black Cat Appreciation Day too, just make sure it doesn’t cross your path if you are superstitious!

It’s okay, I appreciate them… today.

3. For Tyeth says:

Oh before I forget I have the (belated) birthday delivery for your Youngling as promised. Here is the link:

Oh that is sweet! I’ll check it out now.

2. WOW – a year’s worth of posts! That’s amazing! Congratulations Green!! With the guilt-driven, guaranteed reply I kind of feel like I should use this space for something truly important. What pressing question of the ages should we discuss?!? Umm…how about this? When it comes to an itchy back, do you prefer the strictly nail back scratching or will you employ a good artificial back scratcher when available? And, if so, what of motorized ones? AND if you’re in favor of non-organic scratching aids, are you down for anything (pen, marker, the foot of a giant Spider-Man toy, fork, etc.) or must it be a back scratcher, designed specifically for that purpose?

Again, congrats man! What a fantastic milestone! (I’m so happy for you I’m not even going to bring up you got the date of Thanksgiving wrong in a post a few weeks ago. We’ll leave that for another time.)

Thank you, and thank you for your thoughtful question. When I have an itch on my back that is unscratchable I use a couple methods:
      A) I will drive far out of town, as far from the closest populated area as possible. Hike deeply in the woods. Undress down to my jimmies and proceed to rub my back against a tree like a grizzly.
      B) I will purchase a remote control truck. I will then secure multiple pointy objects to said truck and drive it on my back.
      I hope this helped.

1. So….I’ve tried these options. I have to say, they worked surprisingly well. Thank you. They have indeed helped. Happy back scratching my friend!

3. Bookstooge says:

Congrats on the milestone! Hope you can keep on trucking, ha! [Just in case you didn’t get it, I am referring to your comment above. captain obvious to the rescue].

I’m just gonna wheel past this terrible pun…

4. Nancy says:

I’ve got a question for you- if I wanted to be a tourist in Calgary, do you have a book you would recommend to me to get the inside scoop on the region?

Well, funny you should ask. Last September I sold a book for just that purpose. You can find it here https://www.amazon.com/Greater-Than-Tourist-Calgary-Alberta/dp/1549687743 should you ever travel to Calgary, Alberta. Good news follows that. Although, I have sold my rights to that book, it did open some doors for future work. This November I am taking a different approach to NaNoWriMo. I will be working on a new book with plans to publish. Things to look forward to for the future!
      Great question, thanks Nancy.

1. Nancy says:

What an amazing coincidence that I would ask such a particular question with exact wording from the blurb 😉

Congratulations! How absolutely awesome that you wrote a vacation guide. Your public eagerly awaits your next book!

Congrats on your 365th post! I enjoy reading your posts. And thanks for the Stranger Things reminder there. That’s what I was supposed to do today before I got sidetracked.

Oh, it is so good! Ive been trying to get the kids to get to bed early so I can watch it. Only a few episodes in so far.
      Thanks for the kind words!