The 17th already! It feels like the end of the year sneaks up faster the older you get. As a blogger, it moves even faster after breaking down every week. This is the 50th Mise en Place of the year! Crazy. 2018 may be fast approaching but, there is still lots happening and plenty coming up so, let’s get into what is going on-
What’s Going On-
The Last Jedi! That is what’s up. I was lucky enough to get tickets for Thursday’s premiere, and Zyler and I made a night of it. Of course, I loved it, but, I have so many questions. The most important thing though, Luke Skywalker is the greatest! They paid a beautiful homage to the character that was central to the franchise for so long. And, I was one of the biggest pushers that Luke must be eating Porgs for survival. But, it’s worse. Way worse. Anyways, great film, Zyler gave it a ten out of ten, so there’s that.
I also got some fresh news for 2018. I am excited to announce that starting in January I will be the regular reviewer on Bubbleblabber for The Simpsons and Family Guy. These are two big shows, and it is exciting to be such an important part of that site. A couple of other shows are coming out next year that I will be doing as well but, we will talk about those when they come.
My beautiful partner Jenn has gone on yet another trip. She finished her tough first-semester last week and has gone to have a mental retreat back on Vancouver Island with her family. Usually, I am sweating right now with what to do with the kids but, I am very happy for her. She really earned this break. I think the kids sensed that also because they were not nearly as upset as they tend to get when she leaves. We all just want her to have a great, relaxing time; we love you, mama.
Last Week’s Posts-
- The nerd events are slowing down as we approach the holiday season but, the Geek Out on goYYC is still a go, and there were still some fun happenings this week.
- I don’t write many tech articles but, they are quite interesting. Check out this article I wrote about how new tech is affecting the holiday shopping experience.
- The Canadian cult classic show, Todd and the Book of Pure Evil finally got the conclusion it deserved. The film finale was done in animation, which means I got the chance to review it for Bubbleblabber, check it out.
- Back to some Green Onion Blog roots, I put up a graphic novel review this week. Scott Pilgrim creator, O’Malley, has a new project out, about a blogger! I had to read Snotgirl; you should check out my review.
- Things got pretty meta. I did a listicle on the best shows within shows. Some of them are great. If they made an Itchy and Scratchy spin-off show, would you watch it?
Lookaheads and year in reviews. The time is coming to wrap up the blogging season and get ready for next year. Some more graphic novel reviews are coming your way as well. Don’t forget to check out the weekly Geek Out on goYYC, as well as my Thur-Fri feature on BB. I am looking to take on some more writing work so; there could be lots more. And, my nephew gave me a box of random comics for Christmas, and there are a few significant issues for the Decon in there. Keep an eye out for these posts and more, you can follow me on the Facespace, or the Twit, to catch articles as they come out!
Thanks booknerds, see you for next week’s Christmas Mise en Place!