What is happening? This month is flying by too fast. Is this what all of 2018 is going to be like? I have been filling up with so much writing work that I have been swamped and falling behind with my own blogging. I swear I will get back on track sooner than later, I just need to settle in a bit. I do have a new gig that I am excited to share but, I can’t quite yet. Just know that there is a lot more content coming all over the place, and I have to get used to scheduling my time more efficiently. There is some excellent news in this week’s Mise en Place so let’s dig in with what is going on-
What’s Going On-
I am an uncle once again! Seven times over, my newest nephew, Parker was born yesterday- there are so many low-hanging jokes there I won’t even try. It is no secret that I am a sucker for babies, and I am eager to get to meet this little chap later today. A week late, I like his style of making the world wait for his first appearance, I think we will get along just fine.
Earlier this week I launched a new series on the G.O.B. called Parenting Stew. I have so many things to share about the dirty job but, it kicked off with something particularly nasty. We officially had to deal with our first lice outbreak. What a terrible experience for a parent. Do you have any idea how much fabric is in your house? Get lice, and you will quickly find out just how large your laundry pile can get. Anyways, that was awful, and I am glad to be through it.
Big news also came Jenn’s way in her continual pursuit of her Masters in Nursing. She will now be looking at fast-tracking towards her doctorate as early as this fall. I am so proud and happy for her, she works so hard to kill at academia while dealing with small children, and myself, the giant child. Good luck, Jenn, you’re gonna do great!
Last Week’s Posts-
- Monday dropped my Bubbleblabber reviews for Simpsons and Family Guy. I have been enjoying these new TV reviews, it is another unique experience, and I am happy to share my views. Both series will be on break until March now, so this is the last ones for a few weeks.
- I mentioned the new series on the Green Onion Blog called Parenting Stew. Last week’s edition, The Outbreak, is just the beginning of a lot of laughs, tears, and head-shakery.
- Then I did my first officially paid comic review this week! In addition to my Simpsons coverage of 2018, I also get the opportunity to review the ongoing comic series. Check out the first one here.
- A cool feature for Bubbleblabber I wrote up involves a list of all the writers from The Simpsons who went on to create their own shows. I like this one; you should give it a read.
- There are also a lot of new things dropping, and I cannot quite share those yet, but keep a lookout for information soon.
Seriously, stay tuned, good news on the way. Otherwise, expect some good posts on the G.O.B. including a new Parenting Stew, a graphic novel review, and a Decon- which I fell back on last couple weeks. I have a movie review dropping on Bubbleblabber, as well as my weekly feature. And, other things… Looking forward to getting back on track with the blog, and the podcast is also shaking off the snow from Christmas break, look for news there in coming weeks. Until then have a week and check back in on the next Mise en Place.